The program can calculate all properties that are required for the design of cold-formed (light gauge) sections.
All line sections (with any arbitrary shape) defined in this program may be transferred to the STRAP steel postprocessor and can be designed as cold-formed sections.
Also available as a stand-alone program - CROSEC
Two general types of sections may be defined:
Sections composed of a series of connected lines, each with a specified thickness.
- Segments may be defined in any direction (including diagonal).
- Several 'subsections' may be defined and joined to form section.
- Properties calculated include:
Shear center, warping constant
Torsional-flexual buckling constant
- The properties may be copied to STRAP geometry
- Tables of cold-formed sections may be added to the STRAP property tables by first defining a general dimensionless shape.
Sections formed by a closed contour.
- Several separate contours may be defined to form a section; additonal contours may be specified as "holes".
- Properties calculated include: Torsional momen-of-interia (exact).